Thursday, October 18, 2007

Antares Machine - soda machine freezes up

"Hi Eric,
I saw your message and was wondering if you could help me. I bought a used Antares combo machine manf. 2000, and it keeps freezing up on me. Do you have any sugg. on how to stop it? do I need to turn it down? And how? I can't find a manual anywhere."

Teddie, if it is an Antares machine, this can occur for a few reasons:

- First check the front door seal for damage. The rubber seal between the drink machine door may have a break or may be damaged where it is allowing hot air in and the machine has to keep running. Look for cuts or warped areas.
- Sometimes this occurs because the snack machine mounted on the front pulls on the door causing it to sag and not fit correctly against the seal. When the door is closed, check all the way around it to make sure there are no gaps where air can get around the seal into the drink area.
- Then, the tilt of the machine can sometimes keep the front door from closing completely allowing air inside. If so, use the front leg levelers to raise the front of the machine slightly.

If everything looks fine with the door seal, you can try turning the thermostat down. It is located on the back side in the opening right above the square base.
It could be that it just needs adjusting. If not, it may need to be replaced.

Hope this solves it for you.

Eric Normand
USEDvending.com

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I have the opposite, I need to recharge the freon I think. I can't find a manual anywhere online or howto's ....So do you know how to do this?